Champions of Faith Scholarship Fund

COF SCHOLARSHIP FOR SPORTS AND CAMP HOWARD

The CYO/Camp Howard Champions of Faith Scholarship Fund is committed to providing children in need with the opportunity to experience the lifelong benefits and enjoyment of participation in sports and camp. We believe that structured sports and camp activities help children to gain self-confidence and self-esteem, develop social skills, learn sportsmanship and teamwork, set and achieve goals and learn from positive role models. It is our ongoing mission to ensure that all children, regardless of their family's financial situation, be given this opportunity to participate in faith based organized sports and camp activities through CYO/Camp Howard.

General guidelines for the CYO/Camp Howard Champions of Faith Scholarship:

  • Youth may reside in any location
  • Partial to full scholarship
  • Can be used for general camp at Camp Howard or CYO Sports
  • All youth welcome to apply!

 
Designated Scholarships - Camp Howard Only

JACK LYNCH VACATION FUND

The Jack Lynch Vacation Fund is a scholarship program to assist Multnomah County youth with participation in CYO summer camp. Lynch intended for Camp Howard to shape ambition in our youngsters with values centered activities as they commune with nature and learn self-confidence. Per Lynch's last request, the recipients of his legacy must demonstrate their humble determination either by paying back or working to make up a portion of the camp fees. A Jack Lynch scholarship can cover the cost of camp if qualifying youth spend a work day at camp prior to their week session helping prepare the campgrounds for the summer.

Guidelines:

  • Youth must reside in Multnomah County
  • For Camp Howard only
  • Partial to full scholarships available*

* Full scholarships are paid up to 80% of cost. The remaining 20% is earned by working at the Camp Howard. For details contact Tammy Scanlon at the CYO/Camp Howard Offices.

EPPING FOUNDATION

The Larry and Jeanette Epping Family Foundation provides an opportunity for the Salem community to be able to participate in the Camp Howard experience. There are over 1,300 Catholic grade school and high school students in the Salem and Stayton area who are eligible to attend Camp Howard each summer. Last year, 153 students from Blanchet, Queen of Peace, St. Joseph, St. Mary, St. John Bosco and St. Vincent de Paul attended summer camp at Camp Howard. We would like to grow this trend and extend the reach of CYO in the Salem area.

Guidelines:

  • Youth must reside in the Salem area
  • For Camp Howard only
  • Must be of Catholic faith
  • Partial to full scholarship